H3 Internship ? not sure *HELP*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H3 Internship ? not sure *HELP*

okay so.. my parents have a friend in the us, who's willing to offer me an internship/training in their company..AND i need a visa but i have no idea which visa kneed to get.
    I will be graduating with a bachelor degree in 2 weeks. Should i get J1 student internship or H3 trainee?i am really blank.
    Also from what I've read... the H3 visa needs a petition form and the J1 needs a sponsor. The sponsor is my parent's friend company but how will they apply for the DS-2019? will it cost them a lot?
    Will the H3 petition cost a lot too? how long would it take?
    Which one do i really need? for like 6 months - 12 months internship.
    Please help me.. urgent!

Originally posted by heyitsnatashas View Post
    okay so.. my parents have a friend in the us, who's willing to offer me an internship/training in their company..AND i need a visa but i have no idea which visa kneed to get.
    I will be graduating with a bachelor degree in 2 weeks. Should i get J1 student internship or H3 trainee?i am really blank.
    Also from what I've read... the H3 visa needs a petition form and the J1 needs a sponsor. The sponsor is my parent's friend company but how will they apply for the DS-2019? will it cost them a lot?
    Will the H3 petition cost a lot too? how long would it take?
    Which one do i really need? for like 6 months - 12 months internship.
    Please help me.. urgent!
    The key thing about the H-3 visa is that the training cannot be available in your home country and you're basically coming to the U.S. to gain skills to bring back to your home country. So your friend's parents would need to prove that.

For a J-1, your friend's parents' company needs to be a designated sponsoring organization and you would need to apply for a certain program (there's quite a few). Not sure if their company is listed on the Department of State website.

Cheers,
    Jackie
    *I am not a lawyer. Do not take my opinions as legal advice.*

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X