Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B 2015 Got Receipt : Changing Job

Hello all
    My question is related to H1 Transfer. Here is the situation.

My employer A (in India) filed h1B petition for this year (2015 Quota) and in lottery my application was selected. For moment I am assuming that background check and all other formalities will be positive and I will get petition. I am planning to switch to Employer B in india in June 2014 & I have only H1B receipt number with me. In this case,

1. Can I transfer my Petition to Company B before Oct 2014?
    2. Is there any risk for transferring without stamping or travelling from employer who raised H1B request?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by ams444 View Post
    Hello all
    My question is related to H1 Transfer. Here is the situation.

My employer A (in India) filed h1B petition for this year (2015 Quota) and in lottery my application was selected. For moment I am assuming that background check and all other formalities will be positive and I will get petition. I am planning to switch to Employer B in india in June 2014 & I have only H1B receipt number with me. In this case,

1. Can I transfer my Petition to Company B before Oct 2014?
    2. Is there any risk for transferring without stamping or travelling from employer who raised H1B request?

Thanks in advance
    If you quit in June you may not get the H1 approval notice in hand.

1. Yes it is possible if you are absolutely sure the receipt is yours.
    2. Many times large companies which are "process driven" do not transfer H1s merely on the basis of receipt notices, they would want to see the actual approval notice.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X