Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visa appointment in Newdelhi if your residence in chennai: Isthat possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa appointment in Newdelhi if your residence in chennai: Isthat possible?

Hello,
    With the new VFS system in place, does any1 know if i can go to new delhi and get a VISA even though i am a resident of chennai. I have to visit India next week as my father is not feeling well but canot get an appointment in chennai. I got my H-1B petition approved last yr and getting the H-1 for the first time.

Thanks,
    vijay

Hi,
    I think returning workers can attend any consulate in India for stamping.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

I am in similar situation as Vijay and I thank you for the answer.

Can you (or anyone) please tell me what documents are necessary to prove the "Emergency" situation in case of returning workers requiring stamping?

Does the rule apply even for 1st time H1-B stamping? I moved from J to H1-B two years ago, but do not have stamping.

Thanks,
      Gopal

Comment

Hi,
        The rule will apply if have commenced working for your h1B employer, and are returning to US after a break. If you can supplement the usual documents along with a letter from your employer instructing you to re-join work on xxx day, i think it should be fine.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Veena,

Thank you for the reply.

I am sure my employer will be eager to give me a letter with a joining date.

However I do not know if my move from J to H visa will cause any issues. This will be my first stamping of H. Could you please address that issue? Thanks!

Regards,
          Gopal

Comment

Chennai Residents

Dear Krishn,

Hererafter it is not possible to apply in Delhi for chennai residents

Regards

paul

Comment

Hey Paul,
              Are u sure????
              If you are making an appointment through the VFS site, and enter that you are an indian citizen resident in the US and your purpose is to work in the US, the sytem allows you to choose the consular post at which you would like to be interviewed.
              VEENA
              (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

I'm Sorry for h1/l1 extensions its possible to choose any consular posts

Regards

Paul

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X