Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer Process

Hi

i have valid H1B Visa upto sep 30 2014 on behalf of Company A.If i got job in US pay roll company,how to transfer to that company.

And what are the other steps, to proceed for transfer, and how to know current status of my H1B status weather it is cancelled or still it is in active status.

Originally posted by vsrinivas View Post
    Hi

i have valid H1B Visa upto sep 30 2014 on behalf of Company A.If i got job in US pay roll company,how to transfer to that company.

And what are the other steps, to proceed for transfer, and how to know current status of my H1B status weather it is cancelled or still it is in active status.
    Its a decent company they would take care of the things. You only need to provide them with the copy of you earlier approved I797 Approval notice along with the other documents (resume, experience letters, degree etc). This will enable them to file their own cap exempt petition. Once you get the new I797 from the new employer, you can use that to travel.

If you get the new I797 before Sep 30 2014 and travel before Sep 30 2014, then you dont need to go for new visa stamping. But after Sep 30 2014, you would have to fill DS-160 online and quote the new petition number and book a H1 visa appointment. Once H1 is successfully stamped you can travel on that H1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X