Travel to India while H1 approval is pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India while H1 approval is pending

Currently on I-94 and working. L1 visa expired last August. Waiting for H1 approval notice and need to know if travel to India would be permissible ? I am planning to return to US after H1 stamping. Will there be any problem or anything that I need to keep in mind ? Please let me know.

Originally posted by Bhavi View Post
    Currently on I-94 and working. L1 visa expired last August. Waiting for H1 approval notice and need to know if travel to India would be permissible ? I am planning to return to US after H1 stamping. Will there be any problem or anything that I need to keep in mind ? Please let me know.
    If you are planning to travel to India you can go for H1 stamping and return earliest Sep 20 2014 and start work on H1 from 01-Oct-2014.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Further Query

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      If you are planning to travel to India you can go for H1 stamping and return earliest Sep 20 2014 and start work on H1 from 01-Oct-2014.

Thanks for your reply, but I have a further query.

So I need not wait for H1 approval ? Is that correct ? Please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhavi View Post
        Thanks for your reply, but I have a further query.

So I need not wait for H1 approval ? Is that correct ? Please let me know.
        Wait for H1 approval for what? To leave US , no you dont need to wait you can leave anytime.

But yes to come back to US on H1 you have to have the I797 approval, and attend H1 stamping interview and get H1 stamped in passport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X