H1 RFE on unrelated degree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 RFE on unrelated degree

Hi, I have received an RFE on "unrelated degree" to my profession for my H1 petition. I have a Bachelors in Chemical Engg and have been working in the same company for the last six years. I work for an IT business consulting firm (in the Integrated Marketing Management space) and my role has a 50-50 split in business consulting and configuring/supporting the IT products that we deploy as part of the consulting process. What I do is something that I have learned having worked with my company in the past six years. Its not something that one teaches in a under-grad/grad degree.

I'll provide my resume/experience letters as part of the RFE response but is there anything else that I should also respond with? Has anyone been in the same situation before or know someone who was and successfully got through it? Based on what I have read it seems there are very limited chances of getting an approval if an RFE is on "unrelated degree". In all honesty mine is a genuine case and am not trying to get around anything. Also my attorney is working with me on this but I want to be proactive and not leave anything to luck.

Anyone with any experience? Will really appreciate any pointers!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X