H4 221g Blue Slip from Chennai Consulate on 22nd May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 221g Blue Slip from Chennai Consulate on 22nd May

Hi, My wife got 221g blue slipe yesterday from chennai consulate. They asked about her studies and work. She is not presently working. Resigned after marriage last dec. She has master in bio technology, and was working as a research assistant in a university. I am presently in US, and my visa expires this oct. Any idea how to proceed. She got a mail from US consulate to submit invitation letter and resume. Please help.

Someone plz help

Originally posted by upendran View Post
    Hi, My wife got 221g blue slipe yesterday from chennai consulate. They asked about her studies and work. She is not presently working. Resigned after marriage last dec. She has master in bio technology, and was working as a research assistant in a university. I am presently in US, and my visa expires this oct. Any idea how to proceed. She got a mail from US consulate to submit invitation letter and resume. Please help.
    Please help

Comment

Originally posted by upendran View Post
      Please help
      Most of the folks majored in occupation under the TAL list are subjected to extra scrutiny. Provide them a copy of the resume and a cover letter telling that there is no intention to work or sponsor. Generally it takes few weeks but no one can predict. Beyond that there is hardly anything you can do except to wait.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        Most of the folks majored in occupation under the TAL list are subjected to extra scrutiny. Provide them a copy of the resume and a cover letter telling that there is no intention to work or sponsor. Generally it takes few weeks but no one can predict. Beyond that there is hardly anything you can do except to wait.

Thanks for your response. We got an email from consulate on the same day, asking to send the educational background and invitation letter. I have prepared the following docs.

1. 221 (g) letter given from U.S Consulate, Chennai

2. Requested Documentation Submission

3. Resume

4. Invitation letter from the spouse employer

5. Invitation letter from the spouse

6. M.Tech degree certificate

7. B.Tech degree certificate

Could you please tell me whether this is fine.

Also the cover letter below for the email response and drop box deposit

My Address

Dated:

To
        The US Consulate General,

Chennai, India - 600 006

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sub: Submission of additional documents as per 221G letter

I, Mrs. YYYY ZZZ (Passport No: ZZZ) had applied for a Dependent Visa (H4). During the interview,23 May 2014 I was issued with a 221G letter (Case Number: ZZZ) and was asked to submit my resume as the additional document.

I have applied for a Dependent visa to be with my husband, Mr. YYYY ZZZ (Petition number: ZZZ) who is working as an YYYY at YYYY Company, . Since my marriage was on YYYY ZZZ 2014 held in YYYY and is just 4 months now, I sincerely want to be with my husband. I am a homemaker and my expenses will be taken care by my husband (please refer to the invitation letter from the spouse).

I am attaching a scanned copy of the required documents and 221G submission letter along with this email. I also have submitted the required documents in original to the Team Stanley (ADDRESS).

Please find the following documents enclosed:

1. 221 (g) letter given from U.S Consulate, Chennai

2. Requested Documentation Submission

3. Resume

4. Invitation letter from the spouse employer

5. Invitation letter from the spouse

6. M.Tech degree certificate

7. B.Tech degree certificate

I would be sincerely grateful if you can grant me dependent visa at the earliest.

Yours Sincerely,

ZZZ ZZZ

Please respond. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Can you please suggest

We are submitting the doc today. Could you please suggest

Comment

Whatever you have mentioned should suffice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X