Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Suggestion Best way to Transfer H1 From India

Hi ,
    I got H1 from my current company (X). But due to change in scenario, they do not have any project for which they can send me to USA. X is a software company with development office in India. I have been working with them for past 2 years in India.

Now since X does not have onsite option for me. I wanted to look for some option outside. I talked with my friends in us and they suggest there can be three possibilities for me.

1> Catch a consultant in India and process a new petition (lottery exempt since i already have visa), the time is about 2-3 months before i can travel.
    2> Catch a consultant who will give me a client later and show a project for me in US and travel as if travelling to a client side. can be done immediately.
    3> travel as tourist on B1 visa( I have a valid B1) and once there search for a project and then make a request for change of status.

None of my friends are legal expert and do not have much idea about the above said processes. So wanted to know first hand experience of anybody who might have traveled or know anybody who has traveled by any of above ways or can suggest me a better option. Also am looking for a good experienced consultant if any body has any idea.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by abhijeet.kumar View Post
    Hi ,
    I got H1 from my current company (X). But due to change in scenario, they do not have any project for which they can send me to USA. X is a software company with development office in India. I have been working with them for past 2 years in India.

Now since X does not have onsite option for me. I wanted to look for some option outside. I talked with my friends in us and they suggest there can be three possibilities for me.

1> Catch a consultant in India and process a new petition (lottery exempt since i already have visa), the time is about 2-3 months before i can travel.
    2> Catch a consultant who will give me a client later and show a project for me in US and travel as if travelling to a client side. can be done immediately.
    3> travel as tourist on B1 visa( I have a valid B1) and once there search for a project and then make a request for change of status.

None of my friends are legal expert and do not have much idea about the above said processes. So wanted to know first hand experience of anybody who might have traveled or know anybody who has traveled by any of above ways or can suggest me a better option. Also am looking for a good experienced consultant if any body has any idea.

Thanks in advance.
    First one is the best option apply for premium you will get in 15 days, 2nd is risky in POE.3rd has worked for a lot of people but you have resign your job & leave then B1 to H1B COS is denied then you have to come back.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X