Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change of Visa from H1B to F1 and back to H1B post employment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Visa from H1B to F1 and back to H1B post employment.

Hello All,

I am a Mechanical Engineer working in the US and have a valid H1B visa (1st term valid until Oct 2015). A little bit about my visa history

I came to US on F1 visa for my Masters in Mechanical Engineering in August 2008. Graduated in Jan 2011 and started working since May 2011. I used up my OPT and 11 months of the STEM Extension (17 Months is the complete term) until my first term of H1B kicked in by December 2012.

Now I have been feeling stagnated like the person posted above and looking to go for Full time MBA. I am aiming for fall 2015 intake and will probably resign from my job in June 2015 if all goes well. So I will still have approximately 4 months (June to October 2015) of my 1st H1b term left.

1. My question to you all is post MBA, will there be significant employment opportunities if I end up going for MBA from the top 15 institutes in the US.

2. What happens to post MBA OPT or CPT? Do I get any of those? How long do I have before securing employment?

3. Lastly, is all this a big risk to be taken since I have a decent job in the US itself and earning well (considering Mechanical Engineering salaries. Its noway comparable to the post MBA salaries I hear of)? or should I ditch all these plans and go for a part time MBA which is a safer option?

I know that ultimately it is my opinion and but I would consider it great if you can give me some of your valuable suggestions of what you would do if you were in this situation.

Regards
    Nikhil

Originally posted by nikhil.00100 View Post
    Hello All,

I am a Mechanical Engineer working in the US and have a valid H1B visa (1st term valid until Oct 2015). A little bit about my visa history

I came to US on F1 visa for my Masters in Mechanical Engineering in August 2008. Graduated in Jan 2011 and started working since May 2011. I used up my OPT and 11 months of the STEM Extension (17 Months is the complete term) until my first term of H1B kicked in by December 2012.

Now I have been feeling stagnated like the person posted above and looking to go for Full time MBA. I am aiming for fall 2015 intake and will probably resign from my job in June 2015 if all goes well. So I will still have approximately 4 months (June to October 2015) of my 1st H1b term left.

1. My question to you all is post MBA, will there be significant employment opportunities if I end up going for MBA from the top 15 institutes in the US.

2. What happens to post MBA OPT or CPT? Do I get any of those? How long do I have before securing employment?

3. Lastly, is all this a big risk to be taken since I have a decent job in the US itself and earning well (considering Mechanical Engineering salaries. Its noway comparable to the post MBA salaries I hear of)? or should I ditch all these plans and go for a part time MBA which is a safer option?

I know that ultimately it is my opinion and but I would consider it great if you can give me some of your valuable suggestions of what you would do if you were in this situation.

Regards
    Nikhil
    Hi there, am in a similar situation where am thinking of switching form H1B to full time F1 and then back to H1B. Did you find any answers to your questions, if you did, it'd be great to learn any additional information on this. Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X