X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Rejecting A Job Offer When H1B Process Has Stared

Hello andaru oka question ,

I am working with company A on a H1B.

I received a job offer from company B. I accepted the job offer and the company started the H1B transfer process. They say right now they are in recept of my LCA.

Due to some very personal reasons I would like to reject the offer with Company B at this stage.

I have another offer from company C which I plan to accept and do my H1B transfer .

Questions :

1) Can I reject the offer from Company B. Will it have any effect on my H1B transfer from Company A to Company C.

2) What does the LCA consist of .Does the LCA have my name ?

Please let me know ..

Originally posted by Ihavequestions View Post

I received a job offer from company B. I accepted the job offer and the company started the H1B transfer process. They say right now they are in recept of my LCA.

Due to some very personal reasons I would like to reject the offer with Company B at this stage.

I have another offer from company C which I plan to accept and do my H1B transfer .

Questions :

1) Can I reject the offer from Company B. Will it have any effect on my H1B transfer from Company A to Company C.

Please let me know ..
    1. Yes employment is at will and as long as you adhere to any conditions already signed in the offer letter.
    2. No it does not but how does that matter?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Yes employment is at will and as long as you adhere to any conditions already signed in the offer letter.
      2. No it does not but how does that matter?

About Number 2 :
      Just wanted to know if USCIS will have a record on my name , that the company filed an lca for me. ?

Comment

LCA is filed with DOL not with USCIS. With an approved LCA a H1 petition is filed to USCIS.

I still cant understand why and how does it matter to you whether USCIS has the record or not. Whats worrying you exactly?

US has enough resources to track every individual globally so Yes, if they desire they can know that an LCA was filed for you :-) :-) but dont see why they would want to do it unless they have a reason to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihavequestions View Post

Questions :

Please let me know ..

Hello,

You can have more than one H1B petitions filed on your name, but ultimately you can work for only one employer. That is saying, you can accept one H1 petition.
          Once you start working for a particular employer, the other petitions would become null. Just as we make sure of having a valid H1 status to work for a particular employer, the employer also makes sure to see if you are on the correct status to pay your salary.
          The offer letter and the H1 petition are both different things.

Thanks,
          PS: needless to say these are only my opinion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X