Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension denied!

Hi,

My current I-94 expired on march 10,2014 but I already filed for extension in December 2013. Received an RFE on March 5, 2014 and my office attorney replied to it on May 16, 2014.

Just checked now the status of my case on USCIS site and they are saying they have sent a notice of Denial for my case. :-(

My office hasn't received the denial notice yet so they are saying to wait till they receive the denial notice and the reason for denial. And then they will discuss with me the next steps/options.

But just wanted to know what are my options now? I know I have to go back to my home country ASAP but how is there a way I can stay here?

Can my employer file a new extension?

OR Can my employer file a new H1?

If yes for any of above 2 questions, do I still have to go back to my home country?

Please help.

H1B extension denied!

I would not apply extension through the same employer.

Now, remember all the days you have spent post I 94 expiry is illegal and It is high time to reach out to any good immigration attorney immd than still believing your current employer/attorney.

1. Explain this situation to any good immigration attorney. Try to do a H1 transfer through another employer immd in premium and get the results in 15 days. Worst case, Your new petition would get approved (Ofcourse it's all depend on the documents and the new employer) with consular processing. If that happens, then you need to go out of country for a new stamping.

Act fast and Best wishes!!

This is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by kadkhiq81 View Post
      I would not apply extension through the same employer.

Now, remember all the days you have spent post I 94 expiry is illegal and It is high time to reach out to any good immigration attorney immd than still believing your current employer/attorney.

1. Explain this situation to any good immigration attorney. Try to do a H1 transfer through another employer immd in premium and get the results in 15 days. Worst case, Your new petition would get approved (Ofcourse it's all depend on the documents and the new employer) with consular processing. If that happens, then you need to go out of country for a new stamping.

Act fast and Best wishes!!

This is my opinion.
      Any particular reason to not go with the same employer?

Also I have read that the illegal days start from the extension denial date and not from the I-94 expiry date. Everyone has a different notion on this. Any link to legal document where I can find out what date is exactly considered for this?

Comment

H1B extension denied!

The reason is because of your previous denial from the same employer.

Your best bet would be any good immigration lawyer.

This is my opinion.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X