X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa query

Hi All,

This is my first post in this forum.

I have a question regrading the H4 Visa of my daughter. I worked for a company XYZ on H1b till may-2014 and moved to company ABC. Company ABC applied for my H1b transfer and I got the approved petition for 3 years till Jul-2017. The H1b visa stamped in my passport is for Old company (XYZ) valid only till Sep-2014 and I am planning to get it re-stamped once I go to India next year with the new approved petition.

My daughter is back in India, and never came to the US even though her Indian passport has H4 VISA stamped on it on behalf of my old company(XYZ) with validity till Sep-2014. So what I would like to know is

Is a H4 re-stamping required for my daughter with the new approved petition that I got, for her to travel to US. (She will be travelling with her grand parents to US)
    Should I get my Passport re-stamped before her passport can be re-stamped?
    As she is only 1 year and 6 months old, will the drop box facility work for her VISA re-stamping? (In that case I can get some one to drop the docs in Bangalore drop box location)

Regards,
    Arun

Originally posted by arunthomas.kallel View Post
    Hi All,

This is my first post in this forum.

I have a question regrading the H4 Visa of my daughter. I worked for a company XYZ on H1b till may-2014 and moved to company ABC. Company ABC applied for my H1b transfer and I got the approved petition for 3 years till Jul-2017. The H1b visa stamped in my passport is for Old company (XYZ) valid only till Sep-2014 and I am planning to get it re-stamped once I go to India next year with the new approved petition.

My daughter is back in India, and never came to the US even though her Indian passport has H4 VISA stamped on it on behalf of my old company(XYZ) with validity till Sep-2014. So what I would like to know is

Is a H4 re-stamping required for my daughter with the new approved petition that I got, for her to travel to US. (She will be travelling with her grand parents to US)
    Should I get my Passport re-stamped before her passport can be re-stamped?
    As she is only 1 year and 6 months old, will the drop box facility work for her VISA re-stamping? (In that case I can get some one to drop the docs in Bangalore drop box location)

Regards,
    Arun
    When would your daughter be travelling? If Before Sep 2014 she wouldnt need a new stamping, but if after 2014 she would need. You can avail the drop box facility as she is still young.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you Raghvi.
      I tried to get the get the H4 of my daughter re-stamped by drop box, but the OFC did not accept the documents since my H1 is stamped for my previous employer. I am not sure how to proceed.

Comment

Well in that case she would have to attend.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X