Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Renewal stamping in Canada and H1 to H4 renewal stamping in Canada

Hi,
    I have couple of questions related to stamping in Canada.
    1) I have my H1B renewed and thinking of planning to visit Canada. Since I will be leaving US, I assume that I will have to get my new H1B visa stamped. This is the first H1B renewal for me with the same company. Is it okay if I go to Canada for my H1B renewal stamping?

2) My spouse entered to US on H1B after which now the status is changed to H4 (dependent on my H1B). We have new H4 approval notice with us. If my spouse leaves US and accompanies me to Canada, then even for my spouse H4 visa stamping is needed. Is it okay to do that in Canada given that it was from H1B to H4 or does my spouse have to go to India for H4 stamping since earlier H1B was held? If yes to Canada, Is it okay to combine the 2 appointments together or do i need to take separate appointments?

Thank you in advance for all the help.

Regards,
    AKKRAK

Originally posted by AKKRAK View Post
    Hi,
    I have couple of questions related to stamping in Canada.
    1) I have my H1B renewed and thinking of planning to visit Canada. Since I will be leaving US, I assume that I will have to get my new H1B visa stamped. This is the first H1B renewal for me with the same company. Is it okay if I go to Canada for my H1B renewal stamping?

2) My spouse entered to US on H1B after which now the status is changed to H4 (dependent on my H1B). We have new H4 approval notice with us. If my spouse leaves US and accompanies me to Canada, then even for my spouse H4 visa stamping is needed. Is it okay to do that in Canada given that it was from H1B to H4 or does my spouse have to go to India for H4 stamping since earlier H1B was held? If yes to Canada, Is it okay to combine the 2 appointments together or do i need to take separate appointments?

Thank you in advance for all the help.

Regards,
    AKKRAK
    It is ok to go to Canada but US consulates in Canada are super busy in June/July/August so do check with them about TCN applications being accepted or not.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H1B Renewal stamping in Canada and H1 to H4 renewal stamping in Canada

June, July, August no appointments being given to third country nationals in Canada. We just booked an appointment in October for Vancouver. Calgary has some dates available in September

Comment

Thanks for the information. Useful to many.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X