Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa delay - Passport Front Bio Page peeling off

Hi,

I had been working in US for 3 years and I changed by job in December 2013. I got an approved I-797C Notice of Action from the new company in Dec 2013. The stamp on my old H1B visa from the previous company expired in Jan 2014. I was travelling to India in May 2014 so I had to get new visa stamped on my passport. So, I applied for renewal of my H1B visa stamp. Following are the sequence of events-

Thursday 22nd May 2014- I had my visa interview on 22nd May 2014. After asking a couple of questions the visa officer told me that my visa is approved and I will receive my passport in 2-3 business days.

Thursday 29th May 2014 - I finally received my passport on 29th May 2014 and to my astonishment I found the blue 221g slip in it for submitting new passport for front bio page peeling off. I had my flight on the 30th May so I had to cancel it.

Friday June 6th 2014 - I got new passport made and submitted it to the New Delhi Embassy on Friday June 6th 2014. The VO didnt ask anymore questions or any more documents and told me that it will 2-3 business days to receive the passport. I requested them to please expedite the case as I am losing time and money. VO told me it all depends on the concerned visa official. Still she wrote down my request (I think).

Monday June 9th 2014 - I checked the status of my visa application today on CEAC website and it states for my Case Number .. Administrative Processing .. "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days."

I am slightly concerned at this point because will it really take several weeks to do the administrative processing. As you can imagine I am loosing precious time at work which is adding to the frustration.

Hence, it would be very helpful if anyone can answer the following questions-

1. How much time would it take to get my visa in this case?
    2. Do I need to inform my employer about administrative processing? Do they need to anything?
    3. Has anybody had similar experience in New Delhi or some place else? If yes, in your case how much time did it take to get the stamped passport.

Thanks,

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X