Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does MCA come under STEM?

Hi All,

I have a very simple question. In the wake of recent news, "H-4 holders might be able to work in US", I learned that initially this will be applicable to only STEM categories, i.e. if the educational qualifications of the H-4 holder come under STEM, only then he/she can work.

So my question is, does an MCA (Master of Computer Applications) degree from India fall under the STEM? If we assume that this proposed petition gets approval, will an H-4 holder with MCA degree be able to work in US?

Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by indian_boy View Post
    Hi All,

I have a very simple question. In the wake of recent news, "H-4 holders might be able to work in US", I learned that initially this will be applicable to only STEM categories, i.e. if the educational qualifications of the H-4 holder come under STEM, only then he/she can work.

So my question is, does an MCA (Master of Computer Applications) degree from India fall under the STEM? If we assume that this proposed petition gets approval, will an H-4 holder with MCA degree be able to work in US?

Thanks a lot.
    I believe STEM corresponds more to US Degrees : http://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/stem-list.pdf

I dont know if the eventual regulation has a STEM equivalent clause. Also, the proposed rule will most likely be applicable to only those whose I140 is approved. Is your approved?

Wait for the final notifications and then discuss with your attorney.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X