Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa: Marriage got cancelled before interview

Hi everyone.
    My friend needed a clarification relating to ds-160 form.
    My friend's marriage was fixed with a guy from US who is in H1B visa and
    she was supposed to go to US with H4 visa.

So in order to get an appointment date soon, the guy had filled DS-160 form on behalf of her and the amount was paid for it and delivery confirmation number was received (appointment was not booked yet). DS-160 form was filled with the details of the guy and her saying she was married to him(since the marriage date was just few days ahead).

But, unfortunately her marriage got cancelled with that guy due to some unprecedented events ( also obviously marriage was not registered). Her concern is -
    Does it pose any problem in future if she wishes to travel to US since currently the information in DS-160 is wrongly submitted.
    Does wrongly filled DS-160 form have any effect on her future visa approvals? Kindly clarify.

Originally posted by velvet View Post
    Hi everyone.
    My friend needed a clarification relating to ds-160 form.
    My friend's marriage was fixed with a guy from US who is in H1B visa and
    she was supposed to go to US with H4 visa.

So in order to get an appointment date soon, the guy had filled DS-160 form on behalf of her and the amount was paid for it and delivery confirmation number was received (appointment was not booked yet). DS-160 form was filled with the details of the guy and her saying she was married to him(since the marriage date was just few days ahead).

But, unfortunately her marriage got cancelled with that guy due to some unprecedented events ( also obviously marriage was not registered). Her concern is -
    Does it pose any problem in future if she wishes to travel to US since currently the information in DS-160 is wrongly submitted.
    Does wrongly filled DS-160 form have any effect on her future visa approvals? Kindly clarify.
    Ask her to contact the customer support and cancel the appointment.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

@raghvi thanks for your quick reply.

She told me that the appointment was not scheduled. The guy only submitted DS 160 form and paid the amount . She wants to know if this DS-160 form which is submitted with her status as married pose any problem if she happens to apply for same visa again anytime? and/or if there is a way to cancel/delete DS-160 form? Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X