Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Urgent Info on H1B Visa Agreement with Employer

Hello Everyone,

I have been here in US from last few months on H1B visa. My Employer is a California based IT Consultancy Company.

My employer asked me to sign One year Agreement, which is totally wrong. They did not inform about this agreement while filing visa, last year.

I am working on a project now and there is chance for me to go on Full time employment with another Company who is willing to transfer my visa.

My question is, what is the significance of such Agreements in US as it is just a piece of paper signed ? Should it be on any legal government bond to get importance here ?

I have attached the images of agreement between us. If I break this agreement I will have to pay $ 6825 which is too high as they did not invest this much money on my visa and on me. They just provided initial shared accommodation for 2 months and they have already recovered that money from my salaries.

If I leave this employer in 11th month then also I need to pay whole money $ 6825 which is not logical at all. Sometimes I think I need to pay some amount to maintain good relation between us if it would have been reducing as per time. e.g. after 6 month employee need to pay half, something like that.

Could you please go through the attached agreement and give your valuable suggestion on should I go and break this agreement or not ? It would helpful for me to take further decision.

Your feedback and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files
    Last edited by india2california; 06-12-2014, 02:56 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X