Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B extension after getting my Master's

Hi all,

I am about to apply for my 1st 3 year extension and i have a few questions that i couldn't find answers anywhere ..I am trying to do it myself to save some money..

1. when i applied for my initial H-1B, i had a Bachelor's degree so we filed under the regular cap. I received my Master's degree at the end of 2013, so am i "exempt from the cap" now since i am filing an extension and also have a Master's degree now? to be specific, on I-129 "H-1B Data Collection and Filling Fee Exemption Supplement" form Parc C, shall i choose"Cap H-1B bachelor's Degree" or "Master's degree" or "Cap exempt"??

2. filling address:i guess i should file my extension with Vermont service center because i work in TX. also shall i file under "bachelor's cap" or "master's cap" or "all other I-129 petitions"? if i send to the wrong office, will they deliver it to the correct office?

Thank you all in advance for your reply. I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Lina

Originally posted by Lina Sol View Post
    Hi all,

I am about to apply for my 1st 3 year extension and i have a few questions that i couldn't find answers anywhere ..I am trying to do it myself to save some money..

1. when i applied for my initial H-1B, i had a Bachelor's degree so we filed under the regular cap. I received my Master's degree at the end of 2013, so am i "exempt from the cap" now since i am filing an extension and also have a Master's degree now? to be specific, on I-129 "H-1B Data Collection and Filling Fee Exemption Supplement" form Parc C, shall i choose"Cap H-1B bachelor's Degree" or "Master's degree" or "Cap exempt"??

2. filling address:i guess i should file my extension with Vermont service center because i work in TX. also shall i file under "bachelor's cap" or "master's cap" or "all other I-129 petitions"? if i send to the wrong office, will they deliver it to the correct office?

Thank you all in advance for your reply. I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Lina
    1. Cap Exempt.
    2. I believe to VSC.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X