Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Stamping

Hi Guys,

I have valid visa till Sep 2015 from my previous employer. My current petition has validity till Dec 2016. I am planning to go for stamping in October 2014 so that new validity gets updated in my passport.

I want to know if I face some issues during visa interview will my previous validity be sustained or revoked?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Jaya Krishna Chintala View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have valid visa till Sep 2015 from my previous employer. My current petition has validity till Dec 2016. I am planning to go for stamping in October 2014 so that new validity gets updated in my passport.

I want to know if I face some issues during visa interview will my previous validity be sustained or revoked?

Thanks.
    What is the start date of current petition?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Old petition - Oct 2012 to Sep 2015

New petition after H1 transfer - Feb 2014 to Dec 2016

Current visa validity - till Sep 2015 [based on old petition]

Comment

H1B visa stamping - which consulate ?

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and need your expert advice w.r.t my H1B visa stamping. My H1B petition was approved recently and received the I797 approval notice from my employer. The consulate mentioned in I797 notice is "Kuala Lumpur" which is my current working place. I have been working here in KL since 4 years on a work permit visa. Here is my question now.
        Can i schedule my appointment in KL consulate as mentioned in my I797 notice (or) I need to go back to my home country (India) for visa interview ? Please advice me.

Thanks,
        -Krishna

Comment

Hi Raghvi,

Can you please provide your opinion on the below question. You can find the dates in below thread.

Comment

Is your visa already stamped till Sep 2015? One cannot say if that visa will get cancelled or not.

If they are issuing a new visa, the current one will be marked CWOP.
            If they deny a new visa or put in admin processing , it depends upon the officer whether he/she marks the old visa CWOP before deciding on the new visa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Is your visa already stamped till Sep 2015? One cannot say if that visa will get cancelled or not.

If they deny a new visa or put in admin processing , it depends upon the officer whether he/she marks the old visa CWOP before deciding on the new visa.

Yes, my current visa is stamped till sep 2015.

I need this information because I am planning to go for stamping in October 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please explain me in short about what CWOP mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaya Krishna Chintala View Post
                Yes, my current visa is stamped till sep 2015.

I need this information because I am planning to go for stamping in October 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please explain me in short about what CWOP mean?
                Cancelled Without Prejudice.

Visa Offices mark a visa as CWOP if they do not want that visa to be re used, at the same time the cancellation is not because of any wrong doing on your part. For example, a L1 visa holder going for a H1 visa stamping the L1 would get stamped CWOP. Or a H1 visa holder going for L1 stamping the H1 is marked as CWOP and so on. One can have only one active, valid, work visa in passport at a time.

As you are going for a new H1 the old H1 would be marked as CWOP.

As long as current employment is genuine, based on the facts you have mentioned, I do not see any reason why they would mark your old visa as CWOP and yet not issue a new visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X