Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 extension after 6 years DS-160 present work/education/training information section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension after 6 years DS-160 present work/education/training information section

Hi,
    I completed my 6 years H1b and left US.
    But i'm still working for the same employer from outside US, waiting for my I140 to be approved. It is been approximately 6 months now.
    Now that my I 140 is approved and i need to fill ds 160.
    In the section "present work/education/training information",
    Should i mention my present employer as the petitioner? Does working from India with the same employer counts as work experience?

Should i include the time i worked for employer/petitioners as part of my past experience?

I'm not sure how many of you understand my question. But If you need any clarification, please let me know.

Thanks,
    sr

Originally posted by vrsarav View Post
    Hi,
    But i'm still working for the same employer from outside US, waiting for my I140 to be approved. It is been approximately 6 months now.
    Should i mention my present employer as the petitioner? Does working from India with the same employer counts as work experience?

Should i include the time i worked for employer/petitioners as part of my past experience?

I'm not sure how many of you understand my question. But If you need any clarification, please let me know.

Thanks,
    sr
    Yes. All work experience counts as work experience. If your question is related to the Bachelors + 5 Years experience requirement, experience with current employer is not counted.

Also, if you have exhausted your entire 6 Years on H1 I am not sure if you can extend it even with an approved I140. You should have some time remaining in the 6 Years in order to be eligible to do that.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by vrsarav View Post
      Hi,

Thanks,
      sr
      Hi, I am in the same situation. Do you mind sharing what you ended up filling? Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X