Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father in USwith H1B visa and mother in India with H4 visa

I am in US and my wife is in India.

We are blessed with a baby boy last month in India , Now I wanted to make passport for my newly born .

I have situation here

. My wife is having valid H4 visa in her passport.

· I don't have my wife's name in my passport. Also, my wife doesn't have my name added in her passport.

Queries:

1) Whether we can get Passport for our Kid without our names added in each other's passport (We have our Marriage Certificate)

2) Incase my wife needs to add my name to her passport, what will happen for the existing H4 visa in her passport.

Please suggest is there any way I can make the passport for my son

Originally posted by herambsai View Post

We are blessed with a baby boy last month in India , Now I wanted to make passport for my newly born .

I have situation here

· I don't have my wife's name in my passport. Also, my wife doesn't have my name added in her passport.

Queries:

1) Whether we can get Passport for our Kid without our names added in each other's passport (We have our Marriage Certificate)

2) Incase my wife needs to add my name to her passport, what will happen for the existing H4 visa in her passport.

1. I believe at least one parent needs to have the other parent's name in their passport.

2. Her existing passport will get cancelled but her visa(s) would still be valid, she would need to travel with both her new and old passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by herambsai View Post

I have situation here

Queries:

check this link you will get all details
      Passport Seva Online Portal has been designed to deliver Passport and related services to citizens in a timely, transparent, more accessible, reliable manner and in a comfortable environment through streamlined processes and committed, trained and motivated workforce.

For any information and suggestions on Passport services, please call at 1800-258-1800 (Toll Free) or write to us through accessing the "Feedback" link on the Home Page.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X