Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Approved Petition

Hi Guys

Apparently this is the first time my petition was filed by my company and it was selected in lottery and approved yesterday.I have scanned copies of I-797C(receipt notice) and I-797B(approval notice).
    In wake of job changing, i have few queries :-

1) In case parent company revokes my H1,will the new company be able to file their own petition for me as cap exempt on basis of receipt and approval notice documents?Note - I am based out of India and never been to US.My petition is approved till Sep-2016.
    2) Are there any other documents required for new petition to be filed by other companies?

Regards!

Originally posted by KD_007 View Post
    Hi Guys

Apparently this is the first time my petition was filed by my company and it was selected in lottery and approved yesterday.I have scanned copies of I-797C(receipt notice) and I-797B(approval notice).
    In wake of job changing, i have few queries :-

1) In case parent company revokes my H1,will the new company be able to file their own petition for me as cap exempt on basis of receipt and approval notice documents?Note - I am based out of India and never been to US.My petition is approved till Sep-2016.
    2) Are there any other documents required for new petition to be filed by other companies?

Regards!
    1. Yes/
    2. The approval petition and normal H1 documents related to the other company.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi! In few forums I read that it is crucial to travel to US once ,from the parent company who first filed a petition!Then only the petition gets cap exempt in near future...just wondering if there is any truth in it or just misleading information?

Comment

I do not agree with that opinion. Whether you worked under that cap or not you were still cap counted hence cap exempt for 6 Year from initial cap year.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X