Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B approved and waiting to change status in Oct but got new offer

Hello

I recently received an approval notice for H1b application for this year and waiting for change of status in oct 1st. I'm working under opt cap gap for my employer who filed h1b for me. However I recently received a better offer from other company and they are willing to file transfer h1b for me. If i decided to go with the this offer, will i be able to work for them before oct 1st. How complicated it is for the new employer transfer my current approved h1b while I'm still on OPT cap gap. Please advise!

Originally posted by tdn View Post
    Hello

I recently received an approval notice for H1b application for this year and waiting for change of status in oct 1st. I'm working under opt cap gap for my employer who filed h1b for me. However I recently received a better offer from other company and they are willing to file transfer h1b for me. If i decided to go with the this offer, will i be able to work for them before oct 1st. How complicated it is for the new employer transfer my current approved h1b while I'm still on OPT cap gap. Please advise!
    You can work on H1 whether for current employer or any other employer only from 01-Oct-2014. Not before.

Though it is possible to initiate a transfer before 01-Oct-2014 but advised to file in premium so that decision comes before 01-OCt-2014. Once approved, you can resign from current employer towards Sept End, server the notice period and work with the new employer from 01_Oct.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You can work on H1 whether for current employer or any other employer only from 01-Oct-2014. Not before.

Though it is possible to initiate a transfer before 01-Oct-2014 but advised to file in premium so that decision comes before 01-OCt-2014. Once approved, you can resign from current employer towards Sept End, server the notice period and work with the new employer from 01_Oct.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      I'm working with my current employer now under OPT while waiting for H1B COS. While I'm researching online and they said it is possible to transfer and work for another employer before Oct 1 as long as I let school know.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X