Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa transfer & Paystub for visa stamping

Hi,
    (a)Applied for visa transfer on premium processing.Can I start working with new employer once I get the receipt?
    (b)Planning for India trip in Sep 2014.If I start working with new employer from July 1st then I will have 2 paystubs (July & Aug) by month of September.Is 2 paystubs from new employer enough for stamping in India?
    (c)I have paystubs with current employer for past 2 yrs.Will that be helpful for visa stamping?
    (d)How many paystubs required for visa stamping?

Thanks in advance!
    Mahesh

Originally posted by greatdesi_2 View Post
    Hi,
    (a)Applied for visa transfer on premium processing.Can I start working with new employer once I get the receipt?
    (b)Planning for India trip in Sep 2014.If I start working with new employer from July 1st then I will have 2 paystubs (July & Aug) by month of September.Is 2 paystubs from new employer enough for stamping in India?
    (c)I have paystubs with current employer for past 2 yrs.Will that be helpful for visa stamping?
    (d)How many paystubs required for visa stamping?

Thanks in advance!
    Mahesh
    a. Technically you can but advisable not to. If for some reason, after you join, the transfer gets rejected , you end up being out of status. There are many threads in the forum where the person joined on receipt basis and the transfer was later rejected making them out of status and they needed to eventually leave US. So if you are dead sure about the employer's credentials, do not have many layers in the middle, have the client letter, then you can take a chance. If not, ask employer to file transfer in premium, and get result within few weeks and then join them after approval.
    b. Yes should be fine, what matters most is the ability of your employer to show stable concrete work for the next few years.
    c. Dont think so.
    d. As highlighted in point b above, what matters most is employer's ability to show H1 compliant work for the next few years.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi for response.
      I have question on #1.If visa rejected with new employer I can come back to current employer with existing approved petition if current employer revoke the petition.I guess my status will not be impacted.Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X