Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife's H4 visa stamping - DS 160 Travel Information

Hi

My wife is travelling to India on vacation and has to go for visa stamping.
    I have couple of questions about Travel Information section in DS160.

1. Principal Applicant's petition no: I understand I need to enter my (H1's) petition no. here. My current petition expires in Oct. A 3 year extension is currently being processed. She will be having the new petition when she goes for stamping. So should I enter the current petition no. or the application receipt no. of the new one?

2. Travel Date: For the intended length of stay, what should I enter? Should that match the validity period of my petition? In that case, should that match the validity period of my current petition (which expired in Oct) or the new one? I guess if the ans to my 1st qstn is that I have to enter current petition no., then I have to enter length of stay till this Oct. But then will they issue visa only till this Oct? She will be having the new petition with 3 year validity with her and we would like to get the visa for that.

Please help. Thank you.

Originally posted by happygolucky View Post
    Hi

My wife is travelling to India on vacation and has to go for visa stamping.
    I have couple of questions about Travel Information section in DS160.

1. Principal Applicant's petition no: I understand I need to enter my (H1's) petition no. here. My current petition expires in Oct. A 3 year extension is currently being processed. She will be having the new petition when she goes for stamping. So should I enter the current petition no. or the application receipt no. of the new one?

2. Travel Date: For the intended length of stay, what should I enter? Should that match the validity period of my petition? In that case, should that match the validity period of my current petition (which expired in Oct) or the new one? I guess if the ans to my 1st qstn is that I have to enter current petition no., then I have to enter length of stay till this Oct. But then will they issue visa only till this Oct? She will be having the new petition with 3 year validity with her and we would like to get the visa for that.

Please help. Thank you.
    To avoid this confusion, premium process the H1 extension so as to get the petition number ASAP. OR file DS-160 only after getting H1 extension approval.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X