Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Extension / Petition Extension

Hi Experts,

My Stamped Visa will expire on 30th Sep 2014 and I will be travelling US on 19th July2014. That means I will have 9 weeks of time left in my Visa to expire. Can I apply for extension after I reach US on 20th July 2014? Is the time left in the existing Visa (8-9 weeks) sufficient to get my petition extension file accepted so that I can continue my work in US with the status "ACCEPTED" for my new petition?
    What is the minimum time with regards to the expiry of the cutrent Visa before which I need to apply for the extension?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Originally posted by sayakroy View Post
    Hi Experts,

My Stamped Visa will expire on 30th Sep 2014 and I will be travelling US on 19th July2014. That means I will have 9 weeks of time left in my Visa to expire. Can I apply for extension after I reach US on 20th July 2014? Is the time left in the existing Visa (8-9 weeks) sufficient to get my petition extension file accepted so that I can continue my work in US with the status "ACCEPTED" for my new petition?
    What is the minimum time with regards to the expiry of the cutrent Visa before which I need to apply for the extension?

Your help is highly appreciated.
    Extension request, while on H1, is extension for stay as well as extension to work . It is not same as extension of visa.

All depends upon the I-94 you get when you enter US. If I-94 expires on 30-Sep-2014 then you can apply extension, else you cannot apply extension.

Yes you can apply. 8-9 Weeks is sufficient to get it approved if applied in premium. Even if not in premium once applied, you can continue to work till a decision is made as logn as extension is applied before I-94 expiry. Minimum time, before I-94 expiry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X