• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anmolnegi
    replied
    Applying for H4 after applying H1

Same is the case with me.
    I wanna take my wife on H4 next month Aug and H1b is already filed and been selected in lottery.
    Some say if I do her H4 stamping H1 will become Invalid! not sure what to do

Leave a comment:

• raghvi
    replied
    Originally posted by snvsnannapa View Post
    Hi , I need experts advice on my current situation. I came to US on H1B.

I've applied H1B for my wife in this year (2014) quota , her application got picked in lottery and now application is in "initial review".

Now , I want to bring her on H4 without waiting till October 2014.
    I'm planning to send her to H4 stamping. Can someone suggest me , If this is legal and she can travel to US if her H4 gets stamped.

What happens if her H1 approves before she travel ? Can she still travel on H4 ?

Thanks,
    Sri
    No issues, she can travel on H4 visa as long as she has a H4 stamped.

As she was outside US during H1 filing her H1 , even if approved would be approved as consular process. In order for her to move from H4 to H1 while in US, a Change of Status has to be applied .

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Leave a comment:

• snvsnannapa
    started a topic Applying for H4 after applying H1

Applying for H4 after applying H1

Hi , I need experts advice on my current situation. I came to US on H1B.

I've applied H1B for my wife in this year (2014) quota , her application got picked in lottery and now application is in "initial review".

Now , I want to bring her on H4 without waiting till October 2014.
    I'm planning to send her to H4 stamping. Can someone suggest me , If this is legal and she can travel to US if her H4 gets stamped.

What happens if her H1 approves before she travel ? Can she still travel on H4 ?

Thanks,
    Sri

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X