Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should i process dependent visa for family along with my h1b?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i process dependent visa for family along with my h1b?

My H1b visa is approved. I have 2 daughters (5 years and 2 years old). If I process dependent visa for my family, will it affect my chances during the consulate interview? Is it advisable to apply for them after my visa is stamped?

Originally posted by ravi08 View Post
    My H1b visa is approved. I have 2 daughters (5 years and 2 years old). If I process dependent visa for my family, will it affect my chances during the consulate interview? Is it advisable to apply for them after my visa is stamped?
    Though it doesnt make a difference, logistically it would be easier if you all attend the visa interview together.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Though it doesnt make a difference, logistically it would be easier if you all attend the visa interview together.

Thanks Raghvi. If the VO asks "would you be travelling together?", would it be better to say 'yes' or 'no'? Travelling together for the first time might be difficult, since we need to find a suitable accommodation for us including 2 kids.

Comment

Mention what you have put in the DS-160. If you have put "yes" for the question , are there other members travelling with you, then answer Yes. You can also add that if need be you will travel alone first and search for accommodation before calling family over. Honesty is the best policy.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X