Traveling abroad while I-129 is pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling abroad while I-129 is pending

My situation is a little bit complicated. I'm having an H1B status (valid until 2016) and visa (valid until Oct 2014) with my current company. My company just moved from an old location, where my LCA and I-129 were filed with, to a new location just 2 miles away. The company will file new LCA and I-129 (H1B amendment) for just this change of address, and I'm traveling abroad through July 22 to Sept 5, 2014. Will there be any problems if the new LCA and I-129 be filed when I'm still in the US, but get approved when I'm abroad? Do I need to present the new LCA, I-129, and I-797A (because filed in the US, otherwise it will be I-797B) in the port of entry to CBP?

Thank you!

Traveling abroad while I-129 is pending

Originally posted by nonamelive View Post
    My situation is a little bit complicated. I'm having an H1B status (valid until 2016) and visa (valid until Oct 2014) with my current company. My company just moved from an old location, where my LCA and I-129 were filed with, to a new location just 2 miles away. The company will file new LCA and I-129 (H1B amendment) for just this change of address, and I'm traveling abroad through July 22 to Sept 5, 2014. Will there be any problems if the new LCA and I-129 be filed when I'm still in the US, but get approved when I'm abroad? Do I need to present the new LCA, I-129, and I-797A (because filed in the US, otherwise it will be I-797B) in the port of entry to CBP?

Thank you!
    I work from home. My home address has changed. My office address is the same as

before. The company filed an LCA and an amendment to H1B. The petition is now pending

since Sep 11th. I need to travel abroad on Nov 14th. Visa stamping date is Dec 3rd. I

am flying back to the US on Dec 14th.

1) Can I travel on Pending I129? I am hoping that the petition would be approved by

Dec 3rd as the current processing time is 2 months. After approval they can mail the

I129 abroad and I cna attend the visa stamping interview.

2) Apply for premium processing. I might have to shell out money from my pocket.

ALAS!!! what is the timeline of approval on premium processing?

3) Any other solution?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X