Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 B Visa revoked. Is it possible to restore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Visa revoked. Is it possible to restore?

Hi All,

I have a situation. Suppose that, I resigned from my employer and the last working day with current employer was on June 30th. I was supposed to join new employer on July 1st ( I have the h1 extension approval to new employer ). My employer submitted to USCIS to revoke my H1 effective June 30th. But due to some reasons I had to decide on staying back with the same employer on June 30th and I continued to stay back. My employer told me that it is still possible to work for him if he submits a request for restoration immediately i.e on July 1st and that I can report to the same client ( that was filed on original LCA )

Given this situation, I am concerned about my status as of today i.e July 8th. My employer says that my status is "pending approval" and that it is absolutely fine. He also says that this is neither a new H1 nor a H1 extension. It is something called as "restoration" request and is fine because we submitted the restoration request immediately after the revoke request.

Can anyone tell me what all this revoke/restore is all about? Am I at any risk right now with my H1 status? I have no clue about the loopholes or any problems that I might face. Please help me understand my situation and if possible provide me some input on what all things I should take care or double check with my employer.

Thank you in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X