Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have valid visa Starting October 1st 2014. what options do i have till then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raghvi
    replied
    Originally posted by ildinse View Post
    I am currently in US with L1B visa which expired this May 2014. I am in a valid I94 till 2016. Meanwhile my employer applied for a H1B (new) last April, I just received the approval notice, I797 starts October 1st 2014. I am in a situation where my employer wants me to go back to India. I know that i cannot work for any other employer till October 1st 2014. What options do i have? Can I resign company A now and be unemployed for two months and then join Company B? or if I go back to India, can I come back with H1B for a new employer after October?
    Advisable to go back to India, give the approved I797 copy to next employer , ask them to file cap exempt H1 and once their petition is approved, you can go for stamping with that employer and is everything is fine , you can potentially be back on next employer's H1 by End of Sept 2014.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Leave a comment:

• Have valid visa Starting October 1st 2014. what options do i have till then?

I am currently in US with L1B visa which expired this May 2014. I am in a valid I94 till 2016. Meanwhile my employer applied for a H1B (new) last April, I just received the approval notice, I797 starts October 1st 2014. I am in a situation where my employer wants me to go back to India. I know that i cannot work for any other employer till October 1st 2014. What options do i have? Can I resign company A now and be unemployed for two months and then join Company B? or if I go back to India, can I come back with H1B for a new employer after October?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X