Lost Canceled Passport with valid H1B while under Passport extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Canceled Passport with valid H1B while under Passport extension

Hi, I have a valid US H1B visa with me. My passport is about to expire. Currently I am in India and so i applied for passport extension. After applying for passport extension my current passport was canceled. I am yet to recieve the new passport. Unfortunately i lost my old passport. I have not filed a police complaint till now. I have the H1B petition and related documents with me. Also i have the copy of my old passport including stamped visa pages. Will I be able to apply for a re-stamping with the above mentioned documents in my new passport? Should I file a police complaint for the loss of my old passport?

Originally posted by sathishkpr View Post
    Hi, I have a valid US H1B visa with me. My passport is about to expire. Currently I am in India and so i applied for passport extension. After applying for passport extension my current passport was canceled. I am yet to recieve the new passport. Unfortunately i lost my old passport. I have not filed a police complaint till now. I have the H1B petition and related documents with me. Also i have the copy of my old passport including stamped visa pages. Will I be able to apply for a re-stamping with the above mentioned documents in my new passport? Should I file a police complaint for the loss of my old passport?
    Thats the first thing you have to do.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Lost Canceled Passport with valid H1B while under Passport extension

I have filed a police complaint for the lost passport. Will be able to get H1B stamped in the new passport?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X