Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b DS156 AND DS157 document modification

Hi,

I have filled DS156 AND DS157 forms online through vfs and taken appointment. I have downloaded the above forms and i observed that there were minor mistakes in the forms,

how do i modify the forms?

if i modify the forms do i need to take appointment again? or i have to confirm the appointment?

if i modify the forms do i eligible for reschedule the appointment? because i can reschedule appointment only once.

Thanks for the help in advance
    Ram

Hi Ram,

You can modify your DS 156 and DS 157 any number of times though VFS website. Click on Modify/Retrieve Application and you can do it. Then you need to go back and download the new modified forms.

Vasu

Comment

Hi ppl

U cant change all the details in ur form ds156, all details abt passport names and dob cant be modified if given once,so it wil be better to call consulate if u have done wrong in those fields.
      good luck

Comment

Where is the link Modify/Retrieve application?

Can someone please tell me how to get to the above link? I already have an appointment and want to modify the forms without changing the interview dates.

Thanks

Comment

There are some parts of the D-156 that you cannot change once given like the State of Birth, place of birth name, passport number etc etc as a security measure. D-157 can be changed completely. So if the mistakes are in D-156 first part of the form forget it...you cannot change it without taking another appointment. I had to do it because my state of birth got scrolled down to the next state and i did not realize it until after i submitted my application. I immideately wrote to them and they said nothing can be done about it except change appointment date. To be on the safe side i did just that since i had some flexible dates.

Comment

Can we change Petetion Expiry Date?

Hi,

Can we change the petetion expiry date once we enter it in DS-156 form or in the appointment form?

Thnaks,
            D
            Last edited by darishetty; 12-01-2005, 09:11 PM.

Comment

h1b DS156 and DS157 Modification

Hi,

If you booked through vfs, below is the link where you can modify and save your applications:

and click on continue button and then you select
              No radio button corresponding to Do you have BEP User ID box

and automatically it will be redirected to you another link where in you can have option like retrieve/modify online application

I am not sure whether we need to Inform Vfs before dong any changes. Please contact VFS at 044 52316767.

Thnx

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X