Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1-B after OPT expired

Hello everyone,
    I finished my Masters in May 2004 and my OPT started from July 2004 and ended June 2005. I worked for company A(using my OPT) till the end of my OPT. Company B filed for my H1-B after my OPT expired. INS issued me a H1-B approval with a start date of Oct5, 2005. Since it was filed after OPT expired i did not receive a change of status and hence no new I-94. I received a I-797B with Chennai as the consulate. I plan on going to India to get my visa.

since i haven't started working for company B I cannot show the paystubs for the company B but i can show only the employment letter from company B. On the other hand i can provide paystubs for the last two months for company A which i worked on my OPT.

My question is am i going to have any problems when i go to get my visa stamping. or what kind of questions will i face when i go for stamping. Am i limited to only chennai consulate or can i go to the consulates in Bombay or Delhi too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ThankYou

I will try to answer as many questions for you as possible.

1. You can go to any consulate, but Chennai would be the most appropriate as it is specified in your documents.

2. When you go take your paystubs of your first company, also ask the bank that you have here for last 6 months account summary, so that consulate can see the salary deposit.

3. To gain knowledge of questions being asked at consulate ...best is to go through this sight throughly..

good luck,

Comment

ThankYou for the reply qwertyuiop

Comment

received I-797B instead of I-797A

I received my OPT for dec 04-dec 05. My employer had applied for H-1 B in july and received my approval in Sep 05. I had an appointment for stamping on jan 23 '06 and my employer realized that I have received a I-797 B instead of I-797A which is usually the case.

So there is no I-94 attached to it.

Can anyone who has been in this situation please let me what you had done?

Thanks,
        Favor

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X