X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B valiidty and H4 visa interview

Hello!

Here is my situation:
    I have valid H1-B visa stamping till 09/10/2014. I received a I-797A Notice of Action with validity from 09/11/2014 till 03/15/2015. I am going to India next week to get married and will be returning on 08/31/2014. During my stay in India, I am planning to apply for H4 for my wife at Hyderabad Consulate based on the new I-797 extension that I received. Though I am eligible for Interview waiver (drop-box process) as I with the same employer, I don't have any plans to go for Visa renewal stamping with the new extension because I am currently working on Internal product development projects and suspect the Visa officer might have issues issuing me a renewal.

My Questions:
    1. Will my wife face any issue during her H4 visa interview because of me not opting for H1-b Visa renewal stamping after receiving extension of stay notice??

2. On my return at the Port of Entry ( to be specific - Chicago) on 8/31, will the CBP office allow me as I will only have 10 days of Valid Visa stamping? I will carry my I-797 extension that will be valid from 9/11/2014 till 3/15/2015 though.

I'd appreciate if someone provide inputs to my questions.

Thanks,
    Naveen

check with ur visa team in ur company....

Returning back with extension docs is fine... but I am not sure if just 10 days expiry time is sufficient. Evrn if internal projects, if you csn substantiate properly, I dont think you would have any issues in getting ur visa stamped again. Or why not ask your Company to get some client letter for you?
    Good luck and happy married life!

Comment

Originally posted by srajesh View Post
      Returning back with extension docs is fine... but I am not sure if just 10 days expiry time is sufficient. Evrn if internal projects, if you csn substantiate properly, I dont think you would have any issues in getting ur visa stamped again. Or why not ask your Company to get some client letter for you?
      Good luck and happy married life!
      As per my understanding, Indian Nationals are NOT eligible for Visa Waiver Program, that's what is mentioned in the website. Please check below link and also inform If my understanding is wrong.

Thanks
      Harry

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X