H1B stamping required for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping required for me?

I have recently transferred my H1B from Company A to B. I am now planning to go to India on a vacation. My previous visa was valid till (June 2016) and same is present on my passport and I-94.

My query is do I need to go for a fresh stamping again when I travel to India?
    If not is it fine while entering US, the port of authority will allow me to enter US with stamping of company A on my passport and H1B(I797) petition of company B. Visa for company B is valid tilll Match 2017.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Shreenath.

Originally posted by Shreenath View Post
    I have recently transferred my H1B from Company A to B. I am now planning to go to India on a vacation. My previous visa was valid till (June 2016) and same is present on my passport and I-94.

My query is do I need to go for a fresh stamping again when I travel to India?
    If not is it fine while entering US, the port of authority will allow me to enter US with stamping of company A on my passport and H1B(I797) petition of company B. Visa for company B is valid tilll Match 2017.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Shreenath.
    You dont need to go for stamping. But upon return you have to request the POE officer to grant you I-94 to match your latest petition, if he/she doesnt oblige and grants I-94 only till visa expiry, then you would have to apply for extension within 6 Months of I-94 expiry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X