Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer for H1B approved petition I797B to new employer with receipt no.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer for H1B approved petition I797B to new employer with receipt no.

I am wondering if we can get our H1b transferred to new employer without having any documents like I797B (approved petition) as my employer is not giving me a copy of it also.

I have the EAC number.

Can you please tell me what documents are sufficient to get the h1b transferred to new employer without I797.
    Just want to know is the EAC number is sufficient for transfer. In future when I go for stamping for H1B visa will I need this documetn then?
    transfer through EAC no.
    66.67%
    transfer through approved petition
    33.33%

Originally posted by coltoai View Post
    I am wondering if we can get our H1b transferred to new employer without having any documents like I797B (approved petition) as my employer is not giving me a copy of it also.

I have the EAC number.

Can you please tell me what documents are sufficient to get the h1b transferred to new employer without I797.
    Just want to know is the EAC number is sufficient for transfer. In future when I go for stamping for H1B visa will I need this documetn then?
    Though it is possible with the receipt number, but generally most of the large, reputed employers would go ahead only if the approval notice is present.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks raghavi.... do you have more idea about how to transfer my H1B visa?

Comment

Please see the form I129 and associated instructions with it.

Petitioners use this form to file on behalf of a nonimmigrant worker to come to the United States temporarily to perform services or labor, or to receive training, as an H-1B, H-2A, H-2B, H-3, L-1, O-1, O-2, P-1, P-1S, P-2, P-2S, P-3, P-3S, Q-1 or R-1 nonimmigrant worker. Petitioners may also use this form to request an extension of stay in or change of status to E-1, E-2, E-3, H-1B1 or TN, or one of the above classifications for an alien.

Comment

Not able to find anything in I129

Thanks again raghvi . Is it possible to get the documents by approaching US embassy.

Comment

Originally posted by coltoai View Post
            Thanks again raghvi . Is it possible to get the documents by approaching US embassy.
            Which documents? If you are asking about the Approval Petition? That only the employer can give you.

You can use FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act), similar to RTI, to get the details from USCIS.

But dont know if anyone has had success with it and can take time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X