Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COS to counselar process for H1

Hi all
    I am in L1B visa with only i94 valid till feb 2015. Visa is already expired. With employer A
    This year i applied for h1 and the employer B filed the h1 process under COS and it got approved . Since i dont want to start working with employer B from oct. I want to work withemployer till feb 2015 with emp A , i asked employer B to file for amendment to make it counselar process.. So that in oct 1st my status does not change from L1 to H1 automatically.
    Emp B is now saying that if during amedment process, your amendment gets rejected then i have to immediately leave the country , though i have valid i94 till feb with my parent. Employer.
    Please advise if its true

Originally posted by pankaj23k View Post
    Hi all
    I am in L1B visa with only i94 valid till feb 2015. Visa is already expired. With employer A
    This year i applied for h1 and the employer B filed the h1 process under COS and it got approved . Since i dont want to start working with employer B from oct. I want to work withemployer till feb 2015 with emp A , i asked employer B to file for amendment to make it counselar process.. So that in oct 1st my status does not change from L1 to H1 automatically.
    Emp B is now saying that if during amedment process, your amendment gets rejected then i have to immediately leave the country , though i have valid i94 till feb with my parent. Employer.
    Please advise if its true
    Ask them to do it in premium processing so that the decision happens before 01-Oct-2014.

If it doesnt happen before 01-Oct-2014 then yes, you would have to join the H1 employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks, but main concern is what if result comes out to be in denial. Will i have to leave the country immediately?

Since i already have i94 with L1 visa till feb 2015, will it be discard?

Comment

Your L1 I-94 would automatically be nullified if H1 COS triggers on 01-Oct-2014.

Now, if H1 amendment is rejected, the H1 I-94 would be active from 01-Oct-2014, and you must work with H1 employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X