Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Refusal - 221(g) white slip at chennai consulate

Hi All,
    I attended for my H1 B interview at chennai consulate.
    VO: several questions reg my employer, client
    Me: answered appropriately

VO:What will be your work location
    Me: I will be working at client location

VO: what is your highest degree
    Me: MBA
    asked for the certificates. gave it to him
    Though I hold a bachelors degree in computer science and have worked in IT prior to my MBA, I dint mention it as he asked me only for the highest degree.

VO: I can not issue you visa at the moment
    Returned my passport and the all documents and Gave me 221 (g) white slip with the following fields checked.
    1. A copy of petition with all supporting documents filed to USCIS
    2. A copy of the employment contract or letter signed by you and petitioner
    3. A copy of the contract between US employment agency and Job site
    4. A letter from the personnel department at US Job site stating that there is a vacancy for you.

And he also put a check mark on "You may appear for an interview with consular office on Tuesday, wednesday or thursday between 9am and 12pm. Please bring this letter with you. Do not make a new appointment"
    Dose it mean that I will be interviewed by a VO again at the consulate?

I have to talk to my employer and attorney and I hope that they should be able to provide me the required documents.
    But I am worried if the consulate will return the petition back to USCIS for further processing though he did not put a check mark next to the "The petition is being returned to USCIS for further processing........" , but asked me to provide a copy of petition with all supporting documents filed to USCIS.

Also What is the difference between 221(g) White and Blue slips?

Please help me with your suggestions.

Originally posted by rrmad View Post
    Hi All,
    I attended for my H1 B interview at chennai consulate.
    VO: several questions reg my employer, client
    Me: answered appropriately

VO:What will be your work location
    Me: I will be working at client location

VO: what is your highest degree
    Me: MBA
    asked for the certificates. gave it to him
    Though I hold a bachelors degree in computer science and have worked in IT prior to my MBA, I dint mention it as he asked me only for the highest degree.

VO: I can not issue you visa at the moment
    Returned my passport and the all documents and Gave me 221 (g) white slip with the following fields checked.
    1. A copy of petition with all supporting documents filed to USCIS
    2. A copy of the employment contract or letter signed by you and petitioner
    3. A copy of the contract between US employment agency and Job site
    4. A letter from the personnel department at US Job site stating that there is a vacancy for you.

And he also put a check mark on "You may appear for an interview with consular office on Tuesday, wednesday or thursday between 9am and 12pm. Please bring this letter with you. Do not make a new appointment"
    Dose it mean that I will be interviewed by a VO again at the consulate?

I have to talk to my employer and attorney and I hope that they should be able to provide me the required documents.
    But I am worried if the consulate will return the petition back to USCIS for further processing though he did not put a check mark next to the "The petition is being returned to USCIS for further processing........" , but asked me to provide a copy of petition with all supporting documents filed to USCIS.

Also What is the difference between 221(g) White and Blue slips?

Please help me with your suggestions.
    Hi,

No need to panic, they just want to verify ur employer details whether hez genuine or not. I think it doesn't matter whether it is white or blue slip. In your case they are not sending ur petition back to USCIS so no need to worry. They will just verify the documents, be calm it takes some time. First get all the documents listed in query slip asap.

All the best.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Thanks,
    Rajesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X