Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - Change of employer but with previous employer stamping

Hi,

Can someone please help me to answer it? It's quite important and urgent for me to know. Please help needed.

I have got my H1B approved and stamped with Employer X in India that is valid till Aug 2015 (stamped with Name of employer X in visa). But never travelled to USA even once using that visa. I quit employer X and working for another employer now for about 9 months.

Now if any other USA employer selects me based on interview and gives me client invite letter with new petition, may I still travel using previous employer X stamping or do I need to again go for fresh stamping in India to enter THE COUNTRY -USA ?

If I travel using previous employer x visa stamping but with new petition from new employer, will there be any issue in the port of entry in USA?

Please clarify and confirm. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by ssridharcse View Post
    Hi,

Can someone please help me to answer it? It's quite important and urgent for me to know. Please help needed.

I have got my H1B approved and stamped with Employer X in India that is valid till Aug 2015 (stamped with Name of employer X in visa). But never travelled to USA even once using that visa. I quit employer X and working for another employer now for about 9 months.

Now if any other USA employer selects me based on interview and gives me client invite letter with new petition, may I still travel using previous employer X stamping or do I need to again go for fresh stamping in India to enter THE COUNTRY -USA ?

If I travel using previous employer x visa stamping but with new petition from new employer, will there be any issue in the port of entry in USA?

Please clarify and confirm. Thanks in advance.
    There would not be any issue. But if you have the latest client letter, petition, why not go for fresh stamping itself?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X