Travel after H1B extension filed with USCIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel after H1B extension filed with USCIS

I have entered US on 16 March 2013 on H1B Visa.My visa was expired on 30 Sep 2013.I got my first H1B extension from then till 31 Jan 2015.
    I have applied for my H1B extension again and received the receipt number.I have vacation plans to India in Sep 2014 which includes stamping.
    Now that I have my next H1B extension in process and stamping to be done(but have valid visa till Jan 2015),can i still travel or is it a problem?

Originally posted by ksindhu View Post
    I have entered US on 16 March 2013 on H1B Visa.My visa was expired on 30 Sep 2013.I got my first H1B extension from then till 31 Jan 2015.
    I have applied for my H1B extension again and received the receipt number.I have vacation plans to India in Sep 2014 which includes stamping.
    Now that I have my next H1B extension in process and stamping to be done(but have valid visa till Jan 2015),can i still travel or is it a problem?
    I would suggest you travel only after getting extension approved, and only near first extension petition expiry date.

If you travel in Sep 2014, and attend visa stamping, you would most probably get visa only till Jan 2015. If you travel with new extension petition approved and go for stamping with that petition, then the next visa would be valid only from Feb 2015 onwards. Hence advisable to file H1 extension in premium, and travel only around Jan end and go for stamping with that petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X