Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to h1 COS denied due to incorrect departure record in i94

Hi,
    I am currently on am h4 visa that is valid till 11/11/2014. My current u94 us also valid till the same date.

I had applied for a h1b visa this year with a COS. My h1b petition is approved effective 10/01/2104 but I didn't receive the new i94.

My employer state that the he has received a letter from USCIS stating the reason for denial is COS is that as per their records I left US on 06/21/2014.

Note here that I NEVER traveled out of the country in the last year. Though my ticket was booked on the above date but I didn't travel back!!

This seems to be a very serious glitch done by the airlines due to which my i94 records are inaccurate on CBP website.

My questions:

1) who should we contact to get the i94 records corrected? Is the airlines, CBP, USCIS and/or all?

2) can my employer get back to USCIS with all proofs of my legal stay in H4 and get the COS done now? Or do I need to go for counsellor processing?

3) can a new petition be filed with COS by new/old employer , under cap exempt?

Please suggest the options available to me now!! Thanks

Looking for your expert opinion

Hi, Can please someone let me know the way out on the above.

Thanks in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X