I 140 is revoked!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 140 is revoked!!

My new employer applied for a 3year H1 extension based on my approved I 140 from ex-employer. my new employer’s attorney called the USCIS to ask why I did not get 3 year extension based on approved I 140, the USCIS replied saying my I 140 is revoked!!

But still they gave a 2 year extension!! What does it mean and why did they give??

Now if I go for stamping with this petition, will I face any problem??

If things go fine, and I am in US and my new employer starts my perm and I 140, will I be able to recapture my priority date? Or since it is revoked I won’t be? But if it is revoked, why did I get a 2 year extension? ( again I am back with the same question!!)

My new employer’s attorney says I cannot use my old priority date as I 140 is revoked!!

It all narrows down to the question of why they gave me H1 extension when I 140 is revoked? What are the risks involved here?

Originally posted by dpka View Post
    My new employer applied for a 3year H1 extension based on my approved I 140 from ex-employer. my new employer’s attorney called the USCIS to ask why I did not get 3 year extension based on approved I 140, the USCIS replied saying my I 140 is revoked!!

But still they gave a 2 year extension!! What does it mean and why did they give??

Now if I go for stamping with this petition, will I face any problem??

If things go fine, and I am in US and my new employer starts my perm and I 140, will I be able to recapture my priority date? Or since it is revoked I won’t be? But if it is revoked, why did I get a 2 year extension? ( again I am back with the same question!!)

My new employer’s attorney says I cannot use my old priority date as I 140 is revoked!!

It all narrows down to the question of why they gave me H1 extension when I 140 is revoked? What are the risks involved here?
    How long have you already spent in US on the H1?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X