H4 interview in Tamil language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 interview in Tamil language

I work in a MNC company I got my H1b Visa and I am in Chennai right now. My spouse is going to attend the H4 interview in US embassy Chennai next month.Shes not fluent in English.

When I checked with my MNC company they said at the time of booking appointment they can only choose English medium. Also they said at the time of interview, we only need request for a Tamil translator in US embassy itself. But I am confused what if we ask for a translator and if they dont provide the translator at that time.

Can anyone help me on this or have anyone attended H4 interview in tamil?

You were informed correctly, in that the Embassy is responsible to provide other language interpreters for visa interviews. But given the possibility that such an interpreter might not be available, you should contact the Embassy in advance of the interview to find if a Tamil-speaking staff person or interpreter can be provided, or if you could serve as the interpreter.

--Ray B

Originally posted by visa2014 View Post
    I work in a MNC company I got my H1b Visa and I am in Chennai right now. My spouse is going to attend the H4 interview in US embassy Chennai next month.Shes not fluent in English.

When I checked with my MNC company they said at the time of booking appointment they can only choose English medium. Also they said at the time of interview, we only need request for a Tamil translator in US embassy itself. But I am confused what if we ask for a translator and if they dont provide the translator at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by visa2014 View Post

While filling the DS160 form there is a option to say need a interpreter you have tick that check box

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X