Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grace period to enter USA with H1-B visa before Oct 1st

Hi All,
    I got my H1B approved with out change of status. So I’m planning to go to Jamaica for stamping. Currently I’m on OPT but my F1 Visa has expired in May. Now my questions is if I go to Jamaica for stamping and get it approved, how soon can I come back to USA. I'm asking because start date of the H1B visa in the passport will be Oct 1st. So can I come back before Oct 1st? What is the grace period before the start of the H1-B period to enter USA?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by MyProfile View Post
    Hi All,
    I got my H1B approved with out change of status. So I’m planning to go to Jamaica for stamping. Currently I’m on OPT but my F1 Visa has expired in May. Now my questions is if I go to Jamaica for stamping and get it approved, how soon can I come back to USA. I'm asking because start date of the H1B visa in the passport will be Oct 1st. So can I come back before Oct 1st? What is the grace period before the start of the H1-B period to enter USA?

Thanks in advance!
    10 Days before petition start date so approx Sep 21st 2014. But you can start work and get paid only from 01-Oct-2014 onward.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      10 Days before petition start date so approx Sep 21st 2014. But you can start work and get paid only from 01-Oct-2014 onward.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi, first of all Thanks so much for your reply. I forgot to mention that I'm currently in USA on OPT but F-1 expired in May. Will I sill be allowed only within 10 days of my H1B start which is Oct 1st?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X