Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B petition transfer in case of Authorization on hold

Hi,
    Could you please provide your input for my following doubt.

My Wife came to US on H4 visa in June 2014. Consultancy A applied H1B visa for her. H1B Petition is approved . Since H1B was applied without change of status ( H4 to H1), consultancy company is asking her to go to India for stamping of H1B.

Question : If she get authorization on Hold during stamping in India , can she travel to US on H4 visa when administrative process is in progress?
    If Yes, is it possible to change employer ( Employer B) in US who is ready to transfer H1B with Change of status ( H4 to H1B)?

Please provide your comment.

Thanks,
    Pranav

Originally posted by pranavpatil0702 View Post
    Hi,
    Could you please provide your input for my following doubt.

My Wife came to US on H4 visa in June 2014. Consultancy A applied H1B visa for her. H1B Petition is approved . Since H1B was applied without change of status ( H4 to H1), consultancy company is asking her to go to India for stamping of H1B.

Question : If she get authorization on Hold during stamping in India , can she travel to US on H4 visa when administrative process is in progress?
    If Yes, is it possible to change employer ( Employer B) in US who is ready to transfer H1B with Change of status ( H4 to H1B)?

Please provide your comment.

Thanks,
    Pranav
    How can she travel if the passport is retained by consulate for Admin processing?

Comment

Originally posted by snehanew View Post
      How can she travel if the passport is retained by consulate for Admin processing?
      Hi ,
      Do they always keep passport with them for admin processing?

Thanks,
      Pranav

Comment

Sometimes they do. If you feel they will keep it, you can always request them to return the passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X