Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying H4 Visa without H1 SSN

Hi Team,

I am holding H1B Visa and traveled USA recently. I applied for SSN on 20 days back. SSN team took my application but could not proceed further. They said immigration team entered my name (assume my name as AAA BBB CCC (given name) and YYYY (surname)) as AAABBB CCC YYYY whereas my name as per passport is AAA BBB CCC ZZZ. Notice that immigration team did not put space between AAA and BBB. Due to this it is not matching when SSN team is entering my name as per my passport. I have followed up with SSN office, they said its immigration team who has to fix it and they are waiting for it. I following queries

1. How to get this rectified. Is there any timeline they must issue SSN or I must have it. My bank, Insurance team, every one is following up with me for this.
    2. Currently I myself only traveled here. Now I need to apply visa for my dependents. Is there is any issue in applying dependent visa and bringing them without my SSN.

Regards
    Jawed

Originally posted by Jawed Ansari View Post
    Hi Team,

I am holding H1B Visa and traveled USA recently. I applied for SSN on 20 days back. SSN team took my application but could not proceed further. They said immigration team entered my name (assume my name as AAA BBB CCC (given name) and YYYY (surname)) as AAABBB CCC YYYY whereas my name as per passport is AAA BBB CCC ZZZ. Notice that immigration team did not put space between AAA and BBB. Due to this it is not matching when SSN team is entering my name as per my passport. I have followed up with SSN office, they said its immigration team who has to fix it and they are waiting for it. I following queries

1. How to get this rectified. Is there any timeline they must issue SSN or I must have it. My bank, Insurance team, every one is following up with me for this.
    2. Currently I myself only traveled here. Now I need to apply visa for my dependents. Is there is any issue in applying dependent visa and bringing them without my SSN.

Regards
    Jawed
    Didnt you observe your petition and visa earlier that they were not matching your passport details? If your Passport, Visa and Petition all have same name then its the SSN office that needs to do the correction and they typically take 4-6 weeks to do so.

I really doubt visa officer would enquire about your SSN. Dependents generally need not give your SSN details, at most you can get a letter from SSA office regarding this discrepancy.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Didnt you observe your petition and visa earlier that they were not matching your passport details? If your Passport, Visa and Petition all have same name then its the SSN office that needs to do the correction and they typically take 4-6 weeks to do so.

I really doubt visa officer would enquire about your SSN. Dependents generally need not give your SSN details, at most you can get a letter from SSA office regarding this discrepancy.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      My petition, visa, and even i-94, all have same names. no issues. what i understand is immigration team has done this mistake at the time of port of entry.

Comment

Hello Expert,

Need help with your expert and experience advice. Kind request for the same.

Regards
        Jawed

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X