Travelling outside USA, approved H1B from Oct'14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling outside USA, approved H1B from Oct'14

I have a approved H1B petition, and currently working on L1 visa in USA. Can I travel to Canada while working on L1 visa and before 1st Oct? Do I need to get H1 stamped when I cross USA border and come back, even before 1st Oct? Will there be any issue I need to be prepared for in this case?

Early reply is appreciated.

Thank you

Originally posted by h2b View Post
    I have a approved H1B petition, and currently working on L1 visa in USA. Can I travel to Canada while working on L1 visa and before 1st Oct? Do I need to get H1 stamped when I cross USA border and come back, even before 1st Oct? Will there be any issue I need to be prepared for in this case?

Early reply is appreciated.

Thank you
    Till when is your L1 visa valid?

Also, from 01-Oct-2014 if you are in US you must work and get paid for by the H1 employer.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Till when is your L1 visa valid?

Also, from 01-Oct-2014 if you are in US you must work and get paid for by the H1 employer.

It is valid till Feb'15.
      Can I travel to Canada while still on L1 visa and return before 1st Oct? I do have the I94 effective from 1Oct for H1..

Comment

I would say it is possible but generally not recommended because there are chances that your immigration record show you still on L1 status from 01-Oct-214, as the last action would be re entry to US on L1 status. I would not suggest you travel outside US, if you dont intend to go for H1 stamping and return on H1 visa.

If it is only a pleasure trip, would advise delaying Canada trip to a time when you have already got H1 stamped in passport :-)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X