Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extensions

Hi,

I have a Valid H1B Visa & Petition which is going to expire by September30,2014. So far i have not travelled to US sine my stamping occurred on December2013.
    Now my company is applying for H1B Transfer for the H1B Cap exempt .

Questions :

1) Can i able to travel in the next one month with the available H1B ?
    2) If so, company is going to file the petition from India now by next week . Will they allow me for stamping the new visa in USA .
    3) What is the rule for travelling to USA after filing the new petion in India ?

Kinldy help in getting this solved .

Regrads
    Sugavanam K

Originally posted by Sugavanam K View Post
    Hi,

I have a Valid H1B Visa & Petition which is going to expire by September30,2014. So far i have not travelled to US sine my stamping occurred on December2013.
    Now my company is applying for H1B Transfer for the H1B Cap exempt .

Questions :

1) Can i able to travel in the next one month with the available H1B ?
    2) If so, company is going to file the petition from India now by next week . Will they allow me for stamping the new visa in USA .
    3) What is the rule for travelling to USA after filing the new petion in India ?

Kinldy help in getting this solved .

Regrads
    Sugavanam K
    Who filed original H1 petition? Current employer or an older one? When was the original petition filed?

1. You not only need a valid H1, you also need a valid H1 petition associated with it, and you can only work with the employer mentioned in the petition.
    2. You first need the petition to be approved.
    3. First get the petition approved, then if visa expiring in near future, to go for visa stamping.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X