Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 B Visa stamping Rejected - can I file H1 Amendment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Visa stamping Rejected - can I file H1 Amendment?

Hi,

I applied for H1 B in 2013 and after an RFE my visa got approved in Jan 2014. I appeared for interview in chennai consulate on 7th aug 2014 and was give 221 g white slip asking to re appear for the interview with the following documentation.
    1. entire package of H1 B petition submitted to USCIS
    2. Contract letter between Employer and Client
    3. Letter form client stating that I have a vacancy at the job location.

My attorney provided me with all these documents and I re appeared for interview today i.e 28th Aug 2014 and my visa got rejected.
    VO told that the position was vacant for 7 months after I have applied but got filed later and I will be replacing someone who has been working in the position and hence my visa is rejected. But the client letter provided by my attorney says that I have a vacancy at the client location and it did not say what the VO has mentioned. Wondering where the VO has got the information from. how can I get it clarified?
    When the VO says that I will be replacing someone - it means that I have a position available. Do not why my visa was rejected based on that reason.

Can anyone suggest me on my further steps. Is my H1 B petition still valid?
    Can I file an amendment with USCIS for a different position at the same client or for a position with different client?
    Any inputs are much appreciated.

Originally posted by rrmad View Post
    Hi,

I applied for H1 B in 2013 and after an RFE my visa got approved in Jan 2014. I appeared for interview in chennai consulate on 7th aug 2014 and was give 221 g white slip asking to re appear for the interview with the following documentation.
    1. entire package of H1 B petition submitted to USCIS
    2. Contract letter between Employer and Client
    3. Letter form client stating that I have a vacancy at the job location.

My attorney provided me with all these documents and I re appeared for interview today i.e 28th Aug 2014 and my visa got rejected.
    VO told that the position was vacant for 7 months after I have applied but got filed later and I will be replacing someone who has been working in the position and hence my visa is rejected. But the client letter provided by my attorney says that I have a vacancy at the client location and it did not say what the VO has mentioned. Wondering where the VO has got the information from. how can I get it clarified?
    When the VO says that I will be replacing someone - it means that I have a position available. Do not why my visa was rejected based on that reason.

Can anyone suggest me on my further steps. Is my H1 B petition still valid?
    Can I file an amendment with USCIS for a different position at the same client or for a position with different client?
    Any inputs are much appreciated.
    How large is your employer?

I would suggest you change the employer. As petition is approved, another employer should be able to file a cap exempt petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

My employer is quite big,world wide reputed consulting firm. so i am a bit skeptical about switching to another employer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X